Maranatha Community Church is called to proclaim the truth about Jesus Christ, the savior of the world. We strive to introduce the whole gospel to those who have never heard it and build on the foundation that has been given to those who already have salvation in Christ.
As God provides us the opportunity to carry out His mission, we desire to represent Him with love, generosity and humility. We are a body of broken people who have come together to join in worship through teaching, prayer, community and service(Acts 2:42-47). Together, we carry the burdens of this world as we strive for deeper faith and understanding of the Lord, Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith
The following are the core beliefs that we possess concerning God and His relationship to His people. Click below to view our full Statement of Faith, complete with Scripture references for each belief.
- The Trinity. We believe that the true God is one, triune God, who reveals Himself as three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three expressions of God possess distinct attributes, but do not mean any division of nature, essence, or being in God.
- God the Father. We believe that God the Father reigns with providential care over His entire universe, according to the purposes of His grace. He is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, and all-wise.
- God the Son. We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who was born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully man. He lived a sinless life, and His substitutionary death on a cross paid the penalty for sin. He was raised from the dead in bodily form, He ascended into Heaven, and He will return again in power and judgment.
- God the Holy Spirit. We believe that the Holy Spirit is God’s presence within Christians. He convicts, cultivates and comforts the believer and is the guarantee that God will bring the Christian into the fullness of Christ.
- The Bible. We believe that the Scriptures are divinely inspired and are God’s revelation of Himself to man. The Bible is true and trustworthy, and sufficient to teach and instruct the believer.
- Man. We believe that God created mankind in His image. He created them male and female to be equal in personhood, but distinct in role. All mankind has transgressed against God and is guilty of sin.
- Salvation. We believe that salvation means the redemption of the believer and the restoration to relationship with God. Salvation is only by the grace of God, and through personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
- The Church. We believe that the Church is God’s vehicle to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, the Church practices baptism and the Lord’s Supper. As members of local churches, believers are called to give of their time, talent and finances.
- End Times. We believe that God will bring the world to an end in His own time and in His own way. At that time, Jesus Christ will return to the earth to judge all mankind in righteousness. The righteous will exist with God in Heaven forever, while the unrighteous will spend eternity in Hell, separated from God.
- Evangelism. We believe that it is the duty and privilege of every follower of Christ to witness to the Gospel, in an effort to make disciples of all nations. In addition, some believers are called to the work of global missions--to take the Gospel to unreached people groups.
Our Partners and Supporters
Maranatha Community Church is thankful for our ministry partners:
- North American Mission Board
- SEND Network
- Metro Columbus Baptist Association
- Highland Baptist Church
- Veritas Community Church
- The Gospel Coalition